Through the Hands@Work program, HandsOn New Orleans facilitates corporate volunteerism in service projects throughout the Greater New Orleans area. In partnership with HandsOn, companies can participate in customized service projects that make great impact to the local rebuilding effort.
Great change can happen in a single day. Hands@Work projects are designed so volunteers can: see visible transformations from their efforts; engender a strong sense of teamwork, collaboration, and achievement; and acquire a better appreciation of the value of their service to the community.
HandsOn New Orleans implores organizations of all sizes, both local and visiting, to consider engaging their employees in community service.
How It Works…
HandsOn New Orleans will plan a customized service project based on your group size and volunteering interest. Your company selects the project focus, location and time - HandsOn takes care of the rest.
With your partnership, HandsOn New Orleans will…
- Develop a customized team-building service day that creates meaningful community change
- Provide much-needed supplies and materials for community improvements at local schools, community centers, public parks and urban gardens, just to name a few
- Provide all necessary tools and equipment, as well as water and first aid for all volunteers
- Scout and recommend viable project partner sites based on your volunteering interest
- Provide trained volunteer leaders to work with and coordinate your group
- Secure work site liability insurance for service project
- Make recommendations for local transportation and food vendors, as requested
- Acquire special guest speakers for welcome/thank you on day of project, as requested
- Publicize your project through the HandsOn website, newsletter and social media
Volunteer Service Interest Areas
Help renovate public school facilities with fresh coats of paint, outdoor classroom spaces, landscaping and school murals, in order for students to have greater pride in their institution and achieve greater goals!
Help update public recreation areas by installing new baseball diamonds and renovating playground equipment!
Help Boys & Girls Clubs and senior centers with new landscaping, wall murals and outdoor furniture such as picnic tables on their grounds!
Help strengthen communities by turning an overgrown vacant lot into a vibrant hub for residents to grow and harvest their own produce!
Help fight the blight with neighborhood beautification and clean-up efforts in areas still working hard to get on their feet.
Parks and Public Spaces
Help upkeep parks and neutral ground spaces in the city with building improvements and adding benches and picnic tables!
Don’t have time to leave your hotel or conference? Let us bring the project to you! Help in education-based service work painting murals for schools and building study desks for needy families, or addressing poverty and homelessness by packing personal care and food donation kits.
Since the program's inception, Hands@Work has engaged 17 different Fortune 500 companies and partnered with over 70 businesses to create customized service projects for companies of all sizes.
Hands@Work Project Resume.
To learn more about Corporate Volunteering and ways your employees can get involved in a day of community service and team building, please fill out a simple one-page Project Request Form and submit a completed copy to Peyton Juneau, our Projects Supervisor. He can be reached via email at email@example.com or his office phone number (504)-609-2525 for more information.