How It Works...
HandsOn New Orleans will plan a customized fee-for-service project based on your group size and volunteer interests. Your company picks the project focus, time and date—HandsOn takes care of the rest!
With your partnership, HandsOn New Orleans will...
- Develop a customized team-building service day that creates meaningful community change.
- Provide much-needed supplies and materials for community improvements at local schools, community centers, public parks, green-spaces and urban gardens, just to name a few.
- Provide all necessary tools and equipment, as well as water and safety gear for all volunteers.
- Scout and recommend viable project sites based on your volunteering interest.
- Provide trained team leaders to work with and coordinate your volunteer group.
- Secure work site liability insurance for all volunteers at service project.
- Make recommendations for local transportation and on-site meals, as requested.
- Publicize your project through the HandsOn website, newsletter and social media.
If you would like to discuss ideas for a potential project, or have any additional questions, please contact us at 504-827-6854 or at email@example.com
Explore New Orleans through images...
Have you already received a proposal and you are looking to get more acquainted with the neighborhood in which you are going to serve? Or, just looking for a better understanding of the New Orleans that lives outside of the French Quarter?
Check out our neighborhood photo tour, focusing on the neighborhoods where HandsOn most frequently works. Click on the neighborhood that you would like to explore:
Also, check out this video for an example of a past Hands@Work Project: